Are you aged 17–21 years and want to be part of an international multi-artform London festival?
Young Shubbak is a London-based collective of young artists, curators, producers and creators who programme multi-artform events that are relevant to young people’s cultural experiences, and promote inclusivity in the arts.
As a member, you will be able to share your opinions with the Shubbak Festival team during monthly meetings where we attend events, discuss, debate and plan contributions to the festival. Interest in a range of artforms is encouraged; theatre and visual art to street dance and spoken word. Membership of Young Shubbak is a great opportunity to gain access to behind-the-scenes at a festival. Check out past events and projects produced by the collective here.
As a Young Shubbak member you will:
- Help shape next summer’s Shubbak Festival programme
- Access free expertise and workshops with industry professionals across artforms
- Develop a professional network
- Receive mentorship and careers advice on curating, producing, fundraising and marketing.
The application deadline is 12th November 2020, 12 midday.
- Tell us about yourself and why this opportunity appeals to you either by filling out this application form or sending us a voice recording by email or WhatsApp 07516 111875.
- You can contact Taghrid to discuss the programme further via email or WhatsApp (number above).
- We actively support applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries and are of Arab or Arab/Mixed backgrounds. This is not a requirement, however.
- Would you like to meet some of Young Shubbak’s existing members before you apply? Sign up for our next Zoom get together on 10th November at 6pm.
About Shubbak Festival
Shubbak is Europe’s largest, biennial festival of contemporary Arab culture. We connect London audience and communities with the best of contemporary Arab culture through an ambitious programme of premieres and commissions of visual arts, film, music, theatre, dance and literature. Shubbak Festival 2019 featured over 230 artists, over 60 events and 25 locations and took place 28th June–14th July.